FROM A CORRESPONDENT
SHILLONG, Feb 19: The former rebels of the breakaway group of Achik tiol Volunteer Council (ANVC-B) today alleged that the account numbers of the former cadres were submitted without the knowledge of the leaders of the outfit.
In a letter to the senior superintendent of police, West Garo Hills district, the chairman of the now disbanded rebel group, Berrd N Marak who alleged that this was done with an attempt to derail the Garo settlement with corrupt intention and also to deprive the ex-cadres of their due packages.
“How can police get involved in such unprofessiol practice is questioble?” Marak said.
According to him on December 9, last year former ANVC-B leaders and senior members had a meeting where all cadres, clarified how police made them to believe that accounts were to be submitted to the police else they will not receive any packages.
“They even clarified that they were made to believe that the leaders were aware of the drill,” Marak alleged.
Marak said that the cadres like the leaders of the ANVC-B were not aware of the hidden policies of the government.
“The leaders are still in the dark of the selected cadre’s list and cadres were made to believe we knew but not cooperating,” the f0rmer chairman said.
Marak said that the government never forwarded the list of 139 to the leaders of the now disbanded ANVC-B.