Kolkata, Feb 20: A 15-year-old girl was attacked with acid at her home allegedly by a man in West Bengal’s Midpore district early on Monday, police said. “Acid was thrown at the girl at Sabong in West Midpore district around 3 a.m.,” a police officer said. She sustained serious burn injuries on the face and was admitted to a hospital. Police arrested the attacker, Digbijay Pradhan (28), a resident of the same village. According to the victim’s family, the man knew the girl and was harassing her for some months, the officer added. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats