Jammu, June 18: Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat on Monday visited the family of rifleman Aurangzeb who was abducted and killed by militants in Jammu and Kashmir on June 15. Gen Rawat went to the village of the slain soldier in Mendhar area of Poonch district. “He spent 45 minutes with the bereaved family, consoling them and lauding the exemplary courage and bravery of the martyred soldier who faced death in the true tradition of a brave soldier,” a Defence Ministry statement said. “The Army chief assured the family that the killers of Aurangzeb would be brought to justice and the death of the Braveheart would be avenged at all costs.” Aurangzeb was brutally killed in Pulwama district in the Kashmir Valley. He was on way to join his family on the occasion of Eid when the militants intercepted the private vehicle in which the soldier was travelling to Shopian town, from where he would take another vehicle for Poonch. A video released by the militant group that abducted Aurangzeb showed him bravely acknowledged that he was a soldier of the Indian Army and had participated in anti-militancy operations in south Kashmir. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats