Joysagar: After 75 days of the suicide of Sivasagar artiste couple Rajani and Rubi Kharghoria, a prime accused in the case, Geetashree Kharghoria finally surrendered before the Sivasagar CJM court on Thursday. Geetashree, the daughter-in-law of the couple, had been absconding for 75 days after the incident. Earlier, Rajani and Rubi Kharghoria’s son and ONGC employee Debashish Khargharia had surrendered before the Sivasagar Police about a month ago. The artiste couple had committed suicide on July 1. The Sivasagar CJM court remanded Geetashree to two days judicial custody.
You may also like
About the author
- Will Simultaneous Polls Save Costs? Election Commissioner Not Sure
- About 800 Declared Foreigners in Assam’s Detention Centre
- US based orthopedic Surgeon & Girlfriend charged with drugging and sexually assaulting ‘hundreds’ of victims
- Jharkhand Needs National Register of Citizens, Says Chief Minister Raghubar Das
- Special NIA Team to Interrogate Alleged Hizbul Mujahideen Cadres in Hojai
- Intelligence Report Says Hizbul Mujahideen was Trying to Supply Sophisticated arms to its cadres in Assam
- 27 Families of Bru Displace People Returned Back to their Home after 20 years
- Supreme Court Orders Filing of Claims in Assam NRC to Begin on September 25
- Corruption in Batadrava-Kuji Sattra Link Road Construction, Carpeting can be Removed with Hands!
- Pro-Talk ULFA Leader Jiten Dutta Lashes out on Lumding MLA’s Remarks, Rubbishes Allegations Leveled By Lumding MLA