Biswanath: In a shocking, an Assam State Electricity Board (ASEB) lineman died after he was electrocuted while carrying out a repairing work on an electric pole in Biswanath Chariali today morning.
Identified as Robin Das was working on an 11 KV electric line in the morning hours today when suddenly got stuck in the middle of the electric pole and his body caught fire.
What is more shocking into the incident was the head also got ripped off from body soon after the incident.
Sources also informed that other field operators of ASEB immediately fled from the spot out of fear.
The furious locals held the power department’s careless attitude responsible for the death of the ASEB employee.
Condemning the incident, the local people demanded an investigation into the matter.
A complaint was lodged on the matter at the electricity department in Biswanath by the local people. Based on a complaint, a few officials of the power department visited the site.
Meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Party’s Biswanath MLA Pramod Borthakur also visited the spot assured investigation and compensation to the family members of the deceased.
Angry local’s gheraoed the ASEB office in Biswanath and chanted slogans against the power department.