News

Bail pleas of four accused in Malegaon 2006 blast case rejected

Mumbai, June 6: A special court here on on Monday rejected the bail applications of four accused in the Malegaon 2006 serial bomb blasts case. The four – Manor Singh, Rajendra Chaudhary, Dhan Singh and Lokesh Sharma – had filed the bail plea after eight Muslims accused in the same case were discharged and all the charges against them dropped in April. Special NIA-MCOCA court Judge V. V. Patil rejected the bail pleas of the four who claimed that there was no evidence against them and they had been falsely implicated in the case. Their lawyers argued that many of the things the tiol Investigation Agency (NIA) said it had recovered from them are easily available in the market. Opposing the bail pleas, the prosecution rejected the defence arguments and said there was sufficient evidence available against them which was of a serious ture. (ians)