Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Barpeta food poisoning, sales of pulses banned

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  20 March 2015 12:00 AM GMT

FROM A CORRESPONDENT
BARPETA, MARCH 19: The Barpeta district administration on Thursday has banned sales of pulse in the district after the death of three people and more than five hundred taken ill after consuming prasad at a Masha puja at Patbaushi in Barpeta district. The district administration has formed an inquiry committee comprising the Circle Officer of Barpeta, Joint Director of Health Services and the Food Inspector to probe the matter. Sources said the committee has already started the inquiry. It may be mentioned that consumption of prasad at a religious function at Patbaushi village on March 16 led to the loss of three lives yesterday, while over 550 people fell sick and were admitted to hospital. Those who died were identified as Purabi Das (22), Amika Das (10) and Bhanu Das (45) who were undergoing treatment in the Intensive Care Unit of Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College (FAAMC) Hospital here. Another 450 patients are being treated in different wards of the FAAMC Hospital. Sources said 45 patients have been shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital.

Next Story