Bengaluru, April 1: The 111th birthday of Lingayat seer Shivakumara Swami, head of the Siddaganga Mutt, was celebrated on Sunday by thousands of devotees who thronged the Mutt in Tumakuru, about 70km northwest of Bengaluru, and sought his blessings. Known among his followers as a “walking god” and an incartion of 12th century renowned social reformer Basava, Swami heads the Sree Siddaganga Education Society, which runs about 125 educatiol institutions. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats