News

Boy dies of Japanese encephalitis

FROM A CORRESPONDENT
Pathsala, Feb 10: The mosquito-borne virus causing Japanese encephalitis (JE) has claimed the life of a 24-year-old youth at Bamakhata Khutarguri village in Bajali subdivision of Barpeta District. The victim has been identified as Pranjal Patgiri. This is the first death caused by the virus in the area so far this year. The child’s blood samples had tested positive for JE at a hospital in Pathsala. Pranjal, who worked at a computer institute at Pathsala, is the only son of Oikhey Patgiri and Bi Patgiri.