GUWAHATI, June 8: The All Assam Motor Transport Association (AAMTA) has called off its 48-hour chakka bandh proposed on June 11 next. The AAMTA president Pulak Goswami and secretary general Pradip Das in a release said that the decision was taken following a request made by the Sadou Bharat Haridev Sangha besides keeping in mind the ensuing Eid al-Fitr. Earlier, AAMTA observed a 12 hour chakka bandh on June 4, last.
You may also like
About the author
- Assam’s filmmaker Rima Das is going to make a movie on sprinter Hima Das
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi condoles Vajpayee’s death
- NRC Assam: Supreme Court directs State Coordinator to submit District-Wise Reports
- Karnataka rains updates: Heavy rains claim lives; hundreds left homeless; rescue operations going on.
- How Millennials are giving the best Independence Day gift to the Lost Generation
- Manipur University Agitation: To be Temporarily Suspended from Tomorrow
- Vishma Pitamah of Indian Politics has fallen : Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away
- Twitter Threatens to Ban Operations in Pakistan
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B.D. Mishra Urges People to Make it an ‘Aadarsh Pradesh’
- All-in-One Printers with Fax are Prone to Hacking: Researchers Say