Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Chinese offer for Lucas Lima impossible to refuse, says agent

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  16 Dec 2016 12:00 AM GMT

Rio de Janeiro, Dec 15: Brazilian intertiol midfielder Lucas Lima is poised to join a Chinese Super League club next year after receiving an offer that is “impossible to refuse,” his agent has said.

Wagner Ribeiro, who mages the affairs of several top Brazilian players, did not reveal the me of the club, but said the proposal included an annual salary of more than 15 million US dollars, reports Xinhua.

“There is a Chinese club that has made a proposal that is impossible to refuse. No club or player could say no,” Ribeiro told Radio Globo on Wednesday.

“I spoke to him (Lima) yesterday. We want a written proposal from the club. When it arrives, Santos will make a decision,” he added.

Sports investment group Doyen owns 80 percent of Lima’s economic rights, but Santos has the fil say on whether to sell the 26-year-old, who has been capped 13 times for Brazil.

Lima’s current deal with Santos expires at the end of 2017, meaning he will be free to sign a pre-contract with another club in July.

It is not the first time Lima has been linked with a move to a Chinese club, with reports last year suggesting he was close to joining Hebei Chi Fortune.

Chi is an increasingly attractive destition for Brazilian footballers, with a number of current and former tiol team players representing Chinese Super League clubs. Among them are Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande), Reto Augusto (Beijing Guoan) and Diego Tardelli (Shandong Luneng).

Meanwhile, Chelsea’s Brazilian midfielder Oscar confirmed in a Brazilian television interview on Wednesday that he is “90 percent certain” he will join Shanghai SIPG in January. IANS

Next Story