Shillong, May 8: The Chief Minister U-12 football tournament 2018 at the district level organised by the District Sports Officer, Khliehriat concluded today at Dkhiah Playground. The final was played between Khliehriat Higher Secondary School and Saipung Sports Club in the girls category where the former defeated the latter 3-0. In the boys category, the Arkynhun Secondary School, Mooriap beat the Hadilis Upper Primary School, Rymbai 1-0. Shri. R. Susngi, District Public Relations Officer, East Jaintia Hills District, Khliehriat was the Chief Guest at the prize distribution ceremony. Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Guest lauded the organizers for their effort to conduct the tournament in a successful manner. While addressing the students, he also encouraged the players to maintain the sporting spirit. He also called upon the students to work hard in their studies and wish them success in life. The Chief Guest also gave away the trophies and medals to the Winners and Runners-up team.
You may also like
About the author
- Assam’s filmmaker Rima Das is going to make a movie on sprinter Hima Das
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi condoles Vajpayee’s death
- NRC Assam: Supreme Court directs State Coordinator to submit District-Wise Reports
- Karnataka rains updates: Heavy rains claim lives; hundreds left homeless; rescue operations going on.
- How Millennials are giving the best Independence Day gift to the Lost Generation
- Manipur University Agitation: To be Temporarily Suspended from Tomorrow
- Vishma Pitamah of Indian Politics has fallen : Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away
- Twitter Threatens to Ban Operations in Pakistan
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B.D. Mishra Urges People to Make it an ‘Aadarsh Pradesh’
- All-in-One Printers with Fax are Prone to Hacking: Researchers Say