New Delhi, June 15: The CPI-M on Wednesday condemned the suspension of two professors of the Hyderabad Central University for supporting the student protests following the suicide of student Rohith Vemula. A CPI-M statement said professors K.Y. Ratm and Tataghata Sengupta tried to stop a “brutal police lathi-charge” against the students when Vice Chancellor Appa Rao ordered police entry into the campus. It said Rao got cases registered against the professors and they were jailed for nine days. This “is being used as a pretext to suspend them”, it said. The CPI-M demanded that the Vice Chancellor should be immediately removed and the Telanga government should proceed on the crimil cases filed against him and others for abetting the suicide of Vemula. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats