Ranchi, June 7: A CRPF trooper and a Jharkhand policeman were killed during a shootout with Maoists in Khuti district on Thursday, officials said. The incident occurred near Jamro village around 6.50 a.m. when a joint team of the Central Reserve Police Force’s 209 CoBRA Battalion and Jharkhand Police was on a search and area dominance operation. CRPF trooper Uttpal Rabha, 27, died on the spot in the firing by Maoists while the policeman, whose name is yet to be announced, succumbed to his injuries later, a CRPF official said. A police officer said the gun battle lasted three hours and that some Maoist guerrillas also sustained bullet injuries. The bodies have reached Ranchi, the CRPF said. Security forces were continuing to look for the Maoists. The CRPF said that Rabha, from North Garo Hills in Meghalaya, joined it in 2011. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats