Kannur (Kerala), June 19: One of the two Dalit women held on charge of trespassing into the CPI-M office in Thalaserry was late Saturday night hospitalised after an alleged suicide attempt. Doctors attending to the young woman, Anja, however, said she was out of danger. She reportedly took an overdose of medicines. Her elder sister Akhila said Anja was upset over a remark made by a woman leader of the Communist Party of India-Marxist during a debate on a TV channel on Saturday. “She returned after participating in a TV channel discussion on Saturday night and went to her room, deeply saddened by the way she was subjected to criticism during the TV channel debate by a CPI-M woman leader, part of the discussion panel,” Akhila said. She said after a while, the family found Anja unconscious and got her admitted to the intensive care unit of a hospital near here. Earlier on Saturday, Akhila, 30, and Anja, 25, were granted conditiol bail by a local court. The two sisters were arrested by Thalaserry police on Friday following a complaint that they had trespassed into a CPI-M city office in Thalassery and beat up two partymen. A local court before whom the two sisters were presented on Friday, sent them and Akhila’s 18-month-old infant to Kannur jail. (ians)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats