JORHAT: The five-day Ganesh Chaturthi celebration in almost 35 venues throughout the city of Jorhat kicked off on Thursday morning. Female devotees thronged the venues to light diyas and listen to devotional songs. Organizers fear that rain may play spoilsport and for this, the organizers are planning to extend the pandals, said Tapas Dey, the president of Laxmi Union Puja Committee on Thursday.
You may also like
About the author
- The Subject Counts Most in the Teaching-learning Situation Today
- Will Simultaneous Polls Save Costs? Election Commissioner Not Sure
- About 800 Declared Foreigners in Assam’s Detention Centre
- US based orthopedic Surgeon & Girlfriend charged with drugging and sexually assaulting ‘hundreds’ of victims
- Jharkhand Needs National Register of Citizens, Says Chief Minister Raghubar Das
- Special NIA Team to Interrogate Alleged Hizbul Mujahideen Cadres in Hojai
- Intelligence Report Says Hizbul Mujahideen was Trying to Supply Sophisticated arms to its cadres in Assam
- 27 Families of Bru Displace People Returned Back to their Home after 20 years
- Supreme Court Orders Filing of Claims in Assam NRC to Begin on September 25
- Corruption in Batadrava-Kuji Sattra Link Road Construction, Carpeting can be Removed with Hands!