GUWAHATI, July 13: A joint operation by Siliguri Narcotic officials and New Jalpaiguri RPF personnel led to the recovery of 4.7 kg opium from one Ranjit Paul (56), son of late Keshto Charan Paul of Jamurivitta in Jalpaiguri recently. The value of the recovered opium, according to an NF Railway release, is approximately Rs.16,45,000. NCB/Siliguri registered a case (31/NCB/KOL/2018 u/s 8 (C) & 18 (B) NDPS Act) in this connection. In another such incident on July 12, 2018, assistant ASI KK Biswas, along staff of RPF post at Agartala Railway Station, recovered seven bags containing 55 packets of ganja weighing about 110 kg. According to the release, the recovered ganja was handed over to the Superintendent of Excise, Agartala, Tripura. The value of the ganja is approximately Rs 6,60,000, the release added.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars