Jammu, May 27: The Congress’s Jammu and Kashmir unit on Sunday asked the Central government to explain why it has now offered talks with separatists now, while rejecting a dialogue three years when all mainstream political parties demanded it. “When all mainstream parties in the state sought a dialogue with all stakeholders including the separatists three years ago, the Central government had rejected the proposal asserting that terror and talks cannot go on side by side,” state Congress President G.A. Mir told journalists here. “After rejecting the proposal when all of us sought a dialogue three years ago, the Central government must explain the reason that has caused its change of heart now,” he said, adding that had the Central government taken this step three years ago, things would have been different in Kashmir today. Mir also said it needs to be watched as to how much support the offer made by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has from Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats