From a Correspondent
Golaghat, December 6: A female elephant was electrocuted on Sunday early morning about 5am at Rangajan area near mbor Forest under Golaghat district. The elephant was found lying dead due to high voltage from an open transformer.
The local people said that about 30 to 40 groups of elephant came out from the mbor Reserve Forest searching for food. Unfortutely, a female elephant died due to electrocution. People also blamed alleged negligence of ASEB for this incident.
Last year two elephants were electrocuted due to alleged negligence of the power department.