ASSAM NEWS

Fire at Metekaghat

A Correspondent
JOYSAGAR, June 29: A devastating fire broke out on Tuesday afternoon in Metekaghat area of Sivasagar. As per information, the incident took place due to short circuit in an electric wire in a local rice mill situated at Meteka and owned by one Daya Keot. Due to the fire, property worth about Rs 3 lakh was destroyed. Another fire incident took place in the house of Jugen Arandhara at Sapekhati on Tuesday. Property worth about Rs. 10 lakh was destroyed in the fire.