From our correspondent
Itagar, Sept 16: The People's Forum of Pakke Kessang Assembly Constituency (PFPKAC) has served a seven-day ultimatum to the State government, demanding notification for by-election to the Pakke Kessang Assembly constituency.
PFPKAC member bro tung told reporters here that the by-election was withdrawn on the basis of a false and misleading report filed by former Chief Secretary Satya Gopal without the consent of all stakeholders and political parties.
He said East Kameng Deputy Commissioner Rajiv Tatuk did not carry out any field survey before submitting his report to the Election Commission. "The circle officer and other stakeholders were not taken into confidence," he added, demanding the State governor's intervention in transferring the officials responsible.
The DC's report said A-II village of Seijosa circle and Yarte Pobe village of Taza Happa circle had been submerged during flood. "This is totally false," tung said.
The PFPKAC said Kento Riba, Additiol Deputy Commissioner of Seijosa, was transferred after the election code of conduct was in force. The constituency was without an elected representative for eight months, and the ADC was the only officer who could look into the grievances of the common people.
"Absence of a legislator has been a major hindrance to the people in terms of developmental activities," tung said, adding that major projects such as construction of the Pakke Kessang-Seijosa-Itakola road under NEC have been withheld.