Breaking News
News

Four shops charred in Janiganj blaze

Correspondent

Silchar, Feb 12: Four shops were reduced to ashes in a devastating fire that broke out at midnight at Janiganj of this town, on Saturday. A godown has also been affected in fire that broke out at the city’s commercial area, Janiganj. The fire broke out at Babu ndi’s shop ndi Brothers, which is under the proprietorship of Tapti ndi. 7 engines of fire brigade along with police personnel of Sadar Tha rushed to the spot and battled for an hour to extinguish the engulfing fire. The rapid spreading of the fire stirred an alarm among the residents of the area. Shops, M/s Joy Krishore Paul, Khiroda Bastralaya and Pritthish Ranjan Paul and Radhir Paul, have been totally reduced to ashes in the devastating fire. Fire brigades from Tarapur, Udharbond, Malugram and Rangirkhari were called in time to extinguish the fire and stop it from spreading to other residential complexes and buildings.

 Talking to The Sentinel, Raju Paul of Khiroda Bastralaya said, “It is my materl uncle’s shop. He was having dinner when the fire broke out. I was at Tarapur and rushed to the spot. The fire spread so rapidly, that within 5 to 7 minutes our shop was reduced to ashes.” Sensing a foul play, he said, “Normally, we get a slight hint that somewhere something is burning. How could it start all of a sudden? The fire spread so quickly that we could not comprehend anything. There is an ongoing court case between ndi Brothers and Bhuiya Bari.” Police has been investigating the case to unearth the reasons behind the mysterious fire.

About the author

Ankur Kalita