French Open to enhance safety device
Paris, May 4: The new director of the French Open, Guy Forget, has announced that the Grand Slam tennis tourment will further strengthen security.
“Security is at the heart of our priorities,” he said at a press conference here Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
“There will be double forces for security around Roland Garros, with only three access points,” he added.
According to Forget, visitors will be searched at these access points by security forces equipped with metal detectors.
“Some players have raised concerns about safety,” he said. “But they are relatively confident. We reassures them that.”
Last year, a teeger had maged to outwit the security and enter the court to get a picture with Swiss superstar Roger Federer after his debut victory on May 24. (IANS)