GUWAHATI, May 17: Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi greeted the people of the state belonging to Muslim community on the occasion of Ramadan, the holy month which is beginning from today. In a message, Mukhi said, “My warm greetings to the Muslim brethren of Assam and North-east on the occasion of Ramadan. Ramadan is a month for Muslim community to observe dawn to dusk fast to cleanse the soul and come closer to God (Allah)”, a release stated. He also said, “May this holy month of Ramadan bind us all together and spread peace, harmony and brotherhood in our state and our nation”.
You may also like
About the author
- Assam’s filmmaker Rima Das is going to make a movie on sprinter Hima Das
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi condoles Vajpayee’s death
- NRC Assam: Supreme Court directs State Coordinator to submit District-Wise Reports
- Karnataka rains updates: Heavy rains claim lives; hundreds left homeless; rescue operations going on.
- How Millennials are giving the best Independence Day gift to the Lost Generation
- Manipur University Agitation: To be Temporarily Suspended from Tomorrow
- Vishma Pitamah of Indian Politics has fallen : Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away
- Twitter Threatens to Ban Operations in Pakistan
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B.D. Mishra Urges People to Make it an ‘Aadarsh Pradesh’
- All-in-One Printers with Fax are Prone to Hacking: Researchers Say