Gold Coast, April 5: Gururaja bagged the first medal for India at the 21st edition of the Commonwealth Games with silver in the men’s 56 kilogram category here on Thursday. Gururaja had a best attempt of 111 kg in the stch and 138 kg in the clean and jerk for a total of 249 kg. Izhar Ahmed of Malaysia won gold with a new Commonwealth Games record of 261 kg. IANS
You may also like
About the author
- 31 Bangladeshis held in city for illegally staying in India
- Nightlife, hospitality, ambience a must for tourism: Daimary
- Dispur fixes new criteria to select college principals
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.