Shimla, May 21: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur and his cabinet colleagues on Monday opted for public transport vehicles for commuting to attend functions here related to President Ram Nath Kovind’s events. This initiative helped ease road congestion owing to the movement of many vehicles in his motorcade. Thakur has taken the initiative of using tempo travellers for travelling to attend the President’s functions at various places, an official statement said. Thakur accompanied his cabinet colleagues and senior government officials for ensuring smooth traffic flow for local commuters and tourists visiting the town. In all, eight such vehicles of Himachal Roadways Transport Corp have been arranged that will be used during the President’s stay in Shimla, it added. “We all are now in the bus and on way to attend the President’s function,” Thakur told reporters here. He was flanked by Speaker Rajeev Bindal and Town and Country Planning Minister Sarveen Chaudhary. Kovind is currently in the hill state on a five-day sojourn. He was accorded a guard of honour at the Kalyani helipad near the state capital on Sunday. He’s staying at The Retreat, the President’s summer holiday resort and once the residence of the Viceroys. This is Kovind’s first visit to the hill state after becoming the President. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats