Breaking News
cylinder explosion
ASSAM NEWS

House Engulfed in Fire Due to LPG Cylinder Explosion

A Correspondent

Kaziranga: A LPG cylinder exploded at 1 No. Kohora village of Kaziranga in Bokakhat subdivision on Tuesday and a house caught fire. The house of Khagen Ghatuwar caught fire as a cylinder exploded in his kitchen. The fire was brought into control with the help of local people but the kitchen was completely burnt and about Rs 5 lakh cash was also destroyed in the fire. Two fire tenders struggled for an hour to douse the flames. However, no casualties were reported from the explosion. Local people said that due to lack of fire brigade service near Kaziranga, such fire mishaps cause large-scale destruction.