FROM OUR CORRESPONDENT
Silchar, May 6: A fire broke out at around 6 pm on last Friday at Banipara of this town. The fire gutted one two-storied Assam type wooden house which is owned by two brothers Braja Gopal th and Gaur Gopal th. Two neighbouring houses were also affected. The owners of the burnt house could not save any property and belongings of their house. The eyes witnesses said that the fire broke all of sudden from the middle of the roof. There are couples of rented dwellers. An employee of Reliance telecom, Miti Sarkar, jumped off the window with two bags when she saw the flames. Miti Sarkar was resting in her room. Tarapur fire brigade failed to entry the alley owing to the presence of a signboard. The fire fighters used the long hosepipes very efficiently to douse the fire and further loos and damage. Later, ONGC, Udharbond, Rangirkhari, fire brigades rushed to the spot for extinguishing the engulfing fire. It took nearly 1.5 hours to douse the flames. The actual reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained.