From Our Correspondent
Silchar, Sept 27: A massive fire gutted a wooden 2 storey house of Sachi Rani Mallik located opposite Lane No 3 at 1st Link road of this town last evening. The massive fire broke at around 8.30 pm. Though fire brigades reached the spot with 4 fire tenders, the fire by then gutted the whole house. The family members were not present when the fire broke out except an aged lady Sachi Rani Mallik. Later, the fire was brought under control and was stopped from spreading. No casualties were reported.
The family members were out for pandal hopping. Only Sachi Rani Mallik was there inside the house and she was rescued. District Disaster Magement Authority, Cachar, has stated that short circuit caused the fire and it was accentuated when three cylinders kept in the house exploded. Parimal Suklabaidya, Minister for PWD, Fisheries, Excise etc, Rakesh Roushan, IPS, Superintendent of Police, Cachar and Dr Rajdeep Roy, spokesperson, BJP, Assam Pradesh, rushed to the spot. They have assured that necessary assistance will be provided to the family.