By our sports Reporter
GUWAHATI, June 9: She likes to take the challenge. The five- time Everester Anshu Jamsenpa today expressed her desire to scale Everest once again, if she gets sponsors. Anshu, who arrived in the city today for the first time after conquering Everest for record fifth time recently, took several questions from the local media at Gopith Bordoloi Intertiol Airport in the city.
* You have scaled Everest for the fifth time. Do you dream for yet another feat?
Oh yes. Everest is the place I would like to go again and again. If I get sponsors, I would definitely go to the highest peak of the world, once again.
* Why is Everest so alluring to you?
Everest has taught me many lessons. I admit that these expeditions have acted as a huge turning point in my life. I went to Everest on five occasions, and every time I learnt new things which guided me in life in a big way. This is why I love to scale Everest whenever I get an opportunity.
* Share your experience on your recent visit to Everest
I should say that this time I was very lucky. I didn’t face much problem on my way to Everest on both the occasions. Everything happened as planned.
* You scripted history by scaling Everest twice with five days apart. How did you overcome all odds in such a short period?
Such expedition demands mental toughness. Sometimes your health may not cooperate with you, but if you’re mentally strong you can take yourself forward. Before I started scaling I had decided that in the event of problems inhibiting my way I would face them with determition and I always do at the time of scaling heights.
* Did you notice any difference between your first visit and the last one?
Not so much. It is challenging as usual as it was earlier, and there is no margin of error. The only difference I noticed was that Everest is now too crowdy.
* Expecting any offer from Bollywood on your biopic?
(With laugh) it’s not in my hand. I don’t want to make any comment on it. I never think this way that I have performed well and now this performance should bring something for me.
* Recently you meet Prime Minister in New Delhi. Have you placed any proposal from your end to develop adventure sports in the Northeast?
Yes, I got an opportunity to meet our Prime Minister in New Delhi. I requested him to help in setting up an Adventure Sports Institute in Aruchal Pradesh. I believe this will be of great help for the entire region and the country.