Antwerp (Belgium), July 18: India’s U-23 men’s team were held to a 1-1 draw by Belgium in their third round robin match of the Five Nations Tournament here. India had a mixed bag of results in their first two matches of the tournament as they beat Ireland 5-0 in their first match, but lost 1-3 to Great Britain in the second match. However, a strong performance against the hosts was needed and the Indian forwards did not disappoint as they produced an attacking display in the first two quarters on Tuesday. The junior team was rewarded for their constant pressure on Belgium when striker Mohammad Umar found space in the striking circle and put the ball into the back of the net at the stroke of half-time. Host returned the goal in the third quarter. India now needs to win their last round robin match against the Netherlands on Friday to have a chance of qualifying for the Final. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Child labourers rescued by Sivasagar District Child Protection
- Those left out from final NRC must leave Assam: Axam Xahitya Xabha
- Singer Beyonce Arrives in Udaipur
- Salman Khan, Anurag Kashyap Win at Asian Academy Creative Awards
- Motor Accidents: How to Claim Damages
- MGNREGA is Worst in Fiscal 2018-19 with a Completion Rate
- Can APDCL Meet Deadline?
- Assam Destination For Human Traffickers!
- 72% Vote in Final Phase of Rural Poll Amid Incidents
- Smart Fencing Between Assam-Bangladesh Riverine Border By January Next!