Tehran: Students at Tehran universities on Sunday held protest rallies against recent UN nuclear agency’s inspections of Iranian universities and demanded a ban for such visits in future, media reports said. UN nuclear watchdog International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) carried out inspection programmes in two Iranian universities last week which sparked reactions from the Iranian political groups. At Shahid Beheshti University, the students carried pictures of Iranian nuclear scientists assassinated over the past decade, Xinhua reported. A similar rally was held at Tehran’s Sharif University of Technology, where students formed a symbolic human chain. They called on state officials to prevent such visits which have sparked a flurry of condemnation by Iranian officials. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats