Ranchi, July 27: Jharkhand Police’s CID has begun investigations into a case involving the sale of several newborns at the Nirmal Hriday home of the Missionaries of Charity here, official sources said on Friday. The Crime Investigation Department’s Inspector Mohammad Nehal, appointed the Investigating Officer, began the probe on Thursday and took into custody documents and a copy of the FIR from Kotwali police station. A CID official said after going through the case files, shelter home officials and the couples who “purchased” the babies will be questioned. The racket in the sale of infants at the Ranchi shelter home came to light on July 3, with reports of the sale of at least six children to childless couples in the past one year. A police case was registered on July 4. The FIR said that a child born to an unwed girl staying in the home was sold to a couple from Uttar Pradesh. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats