Barbados, June 23: Sri Lanka Cricket on Saturday named paceman Suranga Lakmal as skipper for the third and final Test against the West Indies that gets underway here late Saturday – with a pink ball and under lights. The decision has come in the aftermath of regular captain Dinesh Chandimal’s ban being upheld by the International Cricket Council (ICC) appointed Judicial Commissioner, Michael Beloff, who rejected his appeal against the ball-tampering sanction on Friday. “Sri Lanka Cricket wishes to announce the appointment of Suranga Lakmal to captain the third Test against West Indies, which will start Saturday. Lakmal was appointed as the captain, in the absence of Dinesh Chandimal,” a statement from the board read. IANS
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats