Gaurisagar: Sensation prevailed at Dikhowmukh in the western part of Sivasagar on the outskirts of Gaurisagar when a good number of livestock died in a devastating fire on Tuesday night. Fire engulfed the house of Kamal Bharalai, a resident near Dikhowmukh College, Moglow on Tuesday night. Neighbours tried to extinguish the fire.
When informed, officer-in-charge of the town Police Station rushed to the spot and took stock of the situation. Later, with the help of local people, fire tenders extinguished the fire. In the fire, four cows, six goats and seven ducks died and a granary was completed burnt. The cause of the fire is suspected to be an electric short circuit.