GUWAHATI, April 21: Ujjwala Diwas, celebrated pan-India under the aegis of the Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, saw the successful organization of LPG panchayats at more than 40 locations in Guwahati this year. The occasion also marked the release of more than 500 PMUY connections in Kamrup metropolitan district. Guwahati MP Bijoya Chakraborty participated in the event organized at Gariesh Nogar, Beltola and addressed a gathering of 300 women. She highlighted the importance of usage of clean cooking fuel with regard to health, economy, safety, environment benefits etc. She also distributed new connections to eligible beneficiaries during the event, a press release said. Indian Oil, AOD CGM Uttiya Bhattacharya was present in the event with other officials from Oil Marketing companies. An LPG Panchayat was organized by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd with support from LPG distributorship City Gas Service. There were such LPG panchayats elsewhere in the State. Under the guidance of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, 15,000 LPG panchayats were organized throughout the country.
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats