CHANGLANG, Jan 4: A major fire incident was averted by the timely intervention of the 14 Assam Rifles jawans in Changlang, a press release informed
It has been learnt that, on Saturday evening, at around 8pm, the wooden built ration godown of the Holy Rosary School caught fire and sent thick engulfing flames into the air. A Quick Reaction Team swiftly leaped into action and doused the thick flames with fire extinguishers and water blowers. The fire which was caused by electrical short circuit caused partial damage to the wooden structures and nil injury was reported. The 14 AR unit doted 100kg rice,atta,Dal ,sugar and oil to replenish the lost commodity. The nuns and students thanked the unit for their generous gesture.