ASSAM NEWS

Major fire in Jorhat

file photo

A Correspondent
JORHAT, May 17: A major fire took place at Dhakaipatty within the heart of Jorhat city under Jorhat police station on Thursday evening due to short circuit in a godown-cum- shoe store. It took over several hours to douse the fire in the godown where plastic, nylon and synthetic material were stored. All together six fire tenders from Jorhat and Mariani were pressed into service. Property worth several lakhs was destroyed. The cause of the fire was short circuit at the main distribution box from where the fire spread, said sources.