Brussels, July 11: German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday reacted to a statement made hours earlier by US President Donald Trump here accusing Germany of becoming “a captive to Russia”. Merkel, on arrival for a NATO summit, dismissed Trump’s statement accusing her country of being “totally controlled by Russia”, in reference to Moscow’s gas supplies to Germany, Efe news reported. Merkel called Germany an independent country and that its foreign policy lacked any foreign interference. “I experienced the Soviet occupation of one part of Germany myself. It is good that we are independent today,” she said. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats
- Daliya Helps in Weight Loss: Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Daliya