From our Correspondent
KOKRAJHAR, Feb 21: The tiol Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB-Progressive) has denied its hand in serving extortion note to the Star Cement company on November, 2016, as had appeared in certain newspapers.
The information and publicity secretary of the NDFB (P) S. Sanjarang said, “My attention has been drawn in the news item published in an English daily on February 18, 2017 where it was written that the outfit’s publicity secretary Sangraja, along with some Raja Basumatary (who is now arrested), have been alleged of demanding Rs 20 lakh from the office of Star Cement in the month of November, 2016.” He said the news item published was totally false, baseless and fabricated. “With no uncertain terms or condition I have been involved in the case as has been alleged. On someone’s reports or statement nobody can put any allegation to any individual without knowing the factual truth,” he said.
Sanjarang said it was someone’s ulterior motive just to malign him and his organization or it was a conspiracy to derail the peace process. “If the demand for money had been issued to the Star Cement Company in the month of November, 2016 then why did it take several months for the State law-enforcing agencies to bring this into notice?” he questioned. He also said that Star Cement should also be held equally responsible.
The NDFB (P) also strongly condemned the Assam Government for allotting land of the tribal belts and blocks to corporate groups like Star Cement. He also announced banning the entry of the Star Cement in the proposed Boroland region.