Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Pele set to be released from hospital

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  10 May 2015 12:00 AM GMT

Sao Paulo, May 9: Football legend Pele is expected to be released from hospital on Saturday following prostate surgery. A statement from Albert Einstein hospital here said the 74-year-old was recovering well from the surgery, done for a transurethral resection. Doctors said the operation cut away a section of the prostate gland which had been enlarged due to benign cell proliferation.

It is the second time in less than six months that Pele has been hospitalised. The three-time World Cup-winner was treated for a uriry infection in November after having kidney stones removed. IANS

Next Story