GUWAHATI, April 10: Prime Minister rendra Modi on Tuesday flagged off the first direct regular air-conditioned express train between Katihar and Delhi through video link from Motihari at a function. A similar ceremonial public function was also held at Katihar where Minister of State of Railways Rajen Gohain senior NF Railway officials were present, a press release said. Speaking at the function, Gohain said that under the guidance of Prime Minister rendra Modi the Railway Ministry is taking several initiatives for making rail services accessible for larger number of people and the train flagged off today would make best in class amenities available to people of remote border areas. He said that Railway would remain committed for development of the region, a press release said. A total of 364 passengers had purchased tickets for the Iugural Train on Tuesday.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars