New Delhi, May 5: The Congress on Friday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of insulting the city of Bengaluru and the people of Karnataka through his remarks during campaigning and sought an apology from him. Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said that the Prime Minister had heaped a “special insult” on Bengaluru and its citizens by calling it a “city of sins” and “city of garbage”. “He (Modi) has insulted the people of Karnataka, insulted its entrepreneurs, IT technologists by labelling the city, which is known as India’s Silicon Valley, as ‘valley of sin’. “A city and a state which symbolises development, aspirations, youth, opportunities, has been reduced to city of sins. This is a special insult that the Prime Minister has heaped upon Bengaluru and people of Karnataka,” he said. Taking strong exception to Modi’s remarks, Singhvi said that the remarks and the language used were “totally unbefitting of a Prime Minister”. “While terming it as ‘city of sin’, the Prime Minister totally ignored that ‘S’ stands for superior, ‘I’ stands for information technology and ‘N’ stands for novelty. This is what Bengaluru is. It’s the real start-up hub. “But Modi only finds sin in that, and that is deplorable. You don’t create jobs, can’t stop farmers’ suicide, you have the lowest agriculture growth rate in a very, very long time and you accuse the Kannadigas of being a valley of sin. It is shameful and country needs an apology which we are never likely to get,” he said. He also said that rural wages have suffered under Modi government and MGNREGA has been given step-motherly treatment. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats