Kottayam, July 22: The police have stepped up protection to a convent near here which is home to a nun who had alleged that she was sexually abused by a Catholic bishop. “The increased police protection has been given after the police team probing her complaint asked for it,” said the official who did not wish to be identified. Trouble began for Franco Mulakkal, the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Jalandhar (Punjab) in June when the nun alleged that she was sexually abused by him several times between 2014 and 2016. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats