New Delhi, Feb 6: Trimool Congress MP Saugata Roy on Monday compared President Prab Mukherjee’s address to Parliament to the Om Puri movie ‘Ardh Satya’, saying it ignored half the issues confronting the country. Participating in the discussion in the Lok Sabha on the Motion of Thanks on the President’s address, Roy also flayed the rendra Modi government over demonetisation and “abusing the CBI” and asserted they will fight the Bharatiya Jata Party’s regime ‘lock, stock and barrel’. “The President’s speech reminded of a film starring Om Puri – Ardh Satya (half truth). He had failed to mention most of the important issues confronted by the country,” said Roy opposing the Motion of Thanks. “Kashmir, for more than six months, came to standstill following the killing of militant Burhan Wani. Over 100 people were killed during this period. But this issue failed to find a mention in his address. “Similarly, the speech has mentioned demonetisation, but nothing about the people who died. He did not mention the country’s biggest problem – lack of jobs,” Roy added. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats