From a Correspondent
Lakhimpur, May 27: A massive fire took place at North Lakhimpur town near Surya Cinema Hall on Friday during which property worth around Rs 10 crore was destroyed.
According to sources, a short circuit inside a room of Maruti Photo Colour Lab caused the fire following which the flames spread to the neighbouring buildings, including many floors of Mahesh Textiles and 10 other shops.
The Deputy Commissioner of Lakhimpur arrived on the spot immediately after the incident and took active initiative to handle the situation. A number of fire tenders from different parts of the district rushed to the accident spot but the overall role of the fire brigade regarding the incident was allegedly unsatisfactory.
Although the cause of the accident is said as a short-circuit, according to local people, insurance money could also be the reason behind the fire.