Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Puducherry House panel members visit Shillong

Puducherry House panel members visit Shillong

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  7 Nov 2017 12:00 AM GMT

From A Correspondent

Shillong, Nov 6: Seven legislators and two Assembly officials from the southern State of Puducherry arrived here on Monday. They are members of the Puducherry Legislative Assembly’s Committee on Public Accounts and Committee on Estimates.

The nine-member delegation interacted with Meghalaya Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee Chairman Paul Lyngdoh.

“We interacted with officials here and got to know how the Committee on Public Accounts and Committee on Estimates of the Meghalaya Assembly work, besides programmes being implemented by the State government for the benefit of the people here,” DMK MLA R Siva, who is the Chairman of the Committee on Public Accounts, told media persons.

The delegation of legislators and Assembly officials were particularly impressed by the 90:10 funding ratio for the Centrally-sponsored schemes in Meghalaya and other States of the North-eastern region.

Under this formula, 90% fund is provided by the Centre and the States chip in with just 10%.

“We came to know that the funding pattern for Meghalaya is 90% by the Centre. For Puducherry, the Centre is giving only 30% grant and the rest 70% is loan component. We are also facing fincial crisis,” Siva informed newsmen.

According to Siva, Puducherry will now pursue with the Centre to go for a similar funding pattern.

Next Story