GUWAHATI, May 23: Expressing strong discontent over the souring price hike on both consumable and non-consumable commodities, the Rashtriya Yuva Morcha, Assam Pradesh (RYMAP) has criticized the BJP led government both at the Centre and in Dispur. Taking a dig at the BJP’s silence over the row, the RYMAP president Rajiv Kakoti in a press meet on Wednesday in Guwahati questioned, “The BJP has forgotten that they came in power both at the Centre and in Dispur promising a change, ‘acche din’ to the people. Is it the acche din they promised to the people of the country?” Even under such circumstances, the so called peoples’ representatives have proposed to increase their oil perks from Rs 8 to 15 which is nothing but a betrayal to the people, Kakoti said. He appealed the people of Assam to categorize the BJP and impart a lesson in the next election befitting their maladministration. Kakoti blamed the increased imposition of tax on petroleum commodities by the State government which he believed is solely responsible for the price hike on various essential commodities.
You may also like
About the author
- Koffee With Karan: Moving Over The Past, Priyanka Chopra And Kareena Kapoor Take To The Couch
- Indian Super League: Jamshedpur FC back into top 4
- Borussia Dortmund beat Monaco to take top spot
- Assam beat Team Rajasthan in Senior Women ODI cricket
- IIT-Bombay win chess title
- ‘Pakistan Will Try For Peace Despite India’s Negative Attitude’
- CB trophy: Assam win by 5 wickets
- Several Crorepatis in the Newly elected Mizoram MLAs
- Who will dominate Panchayat raj in Barak Valley?
- Manipur honours women who revolted against British rule