Seoul, June 1: South Korea’s Vice Foreign Minister Lim Sung-nam urged Russia on Friday to play a “constructive” role amid a flurry of diplomacy aimed at ending North Korea’s nuclear ambitions and establishing lasting peace on the Korean peninsula. Lim comments came during a meeting with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Titov in Seoul, ahead of a possible June 12 summit between the US and North Korea in Singapore over the fate of Pyongyang’s nuclear programme. “(We) express our gratitude once again for Russia’s interest and support during the process of a positive change in the situation on the Korean peninsula,” Lim said during the two countries’ sixth vice-ministerial strategic dialogue. The Russian official expressed his expectation that the two sides could exchange views on “interesting changes” in the region and security on the peninsula. Friday’s meeting came a day after Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov visited Pyongyang and held talks with top North Korean officials, including leader Kim Jong-un and Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats
- Daliya Helps in Weight Loss: Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Daliya