Riyadh: Saudi Arabia’s state airline has suspended its direct flights to Toronto after Canada called for the release of detained activists for civil society and women’s rights. The Middle Eastern country has also frozen all trade and expelled Canada’s ambassador over the “interference”, BBC reported on Monday. Canada has responded by saying it “will continue to advocate for human rights”. Those held include the Saudi-American human rights campaigner Samar Badawi, sister of jailed blogger Raif Badawi. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats